In the course of our day to day life at one time or the other you need to use shelving units whether it’s in your home, in your office or garage – shelving is part and parcel of our daily lives. You realize that shelving units serve both decorative and other important functions in our lives. We need shelves to store books we need shelves to store flower vases among other things. There are different kinds of materials that are used to make shelving units, we will look at the various materials used below.
Materials used to make shelving units
- Glass shelving units – They are made from different types of glass. Glass shelving units are suitable for displays or for use in bathrooms. They give a room an airy feeling and are very decorative in a room that is well lighted.
- Wooden shelves – Wood is the most formal type of material that is used to make shelves it is used to make shelves in formal settings such as offices. Depending on the type of wood the cost of wooden shelves varies. Shelves made from hard wood are more executive and more expensive compared to softwood shelves that are less formal and consequently cost less.
- Metal shelves – Metal shelving units are commonly in industrial settings or for storage of heavy materials. They are found in hospitals, schools and even in industries. Metal shelving units are suitable for making shelves that are for a commercial nature.
Points to consider when buying shelving units
- Budget – Before you go out shopping for a shelving unit you need to consider how much you are willing and able to comfortably spend on shelves. Once you know what your budget is then you can go out and check what you can get within your budgeted amount. It is good to give an allowance over and above what you actually intend to spend.
- Size and space – You need to consider the amount of space you have to place you’re shelving units in. If you have limited space then the specifications of your
- Accessories and style -Before you purchase shelves you need to search for one that suits your style color and even the accessories available like is it line in velvet or in cloth inside this are just but a few things to think of when shopping for shelves.
- Open or closed shelves – You need to consider if you will use open or closed shelving units depending on what you use them for it is advisable to used closed units for items that need securing. Open shelves can be used to store things that are frequently used like books in a library.
- Construction and type of decking – When considering what shelves to buy you need to consider how the shelves are constructed as well as if the decking is able to offer good support to the items you need to store.
Benefits of using shelving units
- Helps secure your documents or whatever will be stored in the shelves is protected from damage or theft.
- Helps your room or storage facility look more organized it is easier to find things when your storage is arranged through shelves.
- Shelves are easier to clean than cleaning the whole storage unit where you have stored your goods.
- Shelving units are decorative and add pomp and color to a room especially the glass units that give a beautiful ambience in a well lit room.
Having looked at the types of materials used to make shelves as well as what to consider when buying shelves. The reader is now well and fully equipped to make a good decision on what shelving unit best suits their needs – Click here to check it out
No related Articles.